The General Surgery Department is equipped with the latest technology and infrastructure, supported by an experienced team of surgeons. The department takes care of various surgical emergencies like acute appendicitis, acute cholecystitis, intestinal obstruction, trauma, abscesses, carbuncles, gangrene and necrotizing fasciitis, patients with sepsis due to surgical conditions. Our department acts as a tertiary referral unit for these emergency cases.
Most abdominal surgeries are performed through Laparoscopy. Laparoscopic surgery is also known as key-hole surgery or minimally invasive surgery.
The center for General Surgery also specialises in Elective surgery which is planned in advance, rather than one that’s done in an emergency situation.
Routine elective general surgeries:
Surgeries for various indications like
- Hernia (Inguinal, incisional, umbilical etc. by both open and laparoscopic approach)
- Hemorrhoids (piles)
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Lipomas and other skin swellings
- Breast and axilla lumps
- Neck swellings including thyroid and parotid gland swellings
- Besides these, we offer holistic treatment for diabetic foot, peripheral vascular disease
Both open and laparoscopic surgeries for
- Tumors of abdomen
- Adrenal tumors
- Bowel resection and anastomosiqcancers of gastrointestinal tract and
- Various other GI pathologies.
Advanced laparoscopic surgeries
- Anti-reflux surgeries (fundoplication)
- Surgery for achalasia cardia (Heller’s Myotomy)